Welcome to St James CE Primary Academy
On behalf of the children, parents, governors and staff I would like to warmly welcome you to St James’ CE Primary Academy.
Our school is a place of high expectations, where we aim to provide all our pupils with a friendly, supportive and vibrant learning environment. We promote a love of learning and enable every individual to develop to their full God given potential.
Our school is a purposeful place underpinned by our shared Christian values; Trust, Honesty and Truthfulness, Friendship, Love, Respect and Perseverance. It is a fun place to be, with both creativity and enjoyment celebrated, alongside academic achievements. Above all our school is a safe place, at the heart of the community and where every individual is valued.
Our school converted to an academy on 1st September 2016 joining a group of schools belonging to St Chad’s Academy Trust (SCAT). This is the Lichfield Diocese’s Multi-Academy Trust (MAT). This partnership of schools will provide us with opportunities to further increase the educational outcomes and opportunities for your children, whilst set within the framework of a Christian belief and practice.
We hope you enjoy looking at our website. It will give you a taster of what school life is like at St James’ and an insight into the range of activities and opportunities that are available. Hopefully it will also provide useful information for parents and guardians.
We will be delighted if you would like to come and meet us, have a look around, see the children at work and discover how your child could thrive here. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit- we will be pleased to welcome you at any time.
Mr Chris Dobson
St James CE Primary Academy 'Growing and learning together with Faith' News
- Come along to the school book fair.
- Following on from the success last year, we will be hosting another of our ‘Bring your Family to School’ events on Wednesday 21st March.
- Unfortunately due to the weather, today’s pancake races are cancelled.
- Following on from the success last year, we will be hosting another of our ‘Bring your Family to School’ events on Thursday 19th October 2017 9am -10.30am.
- We will be holding our Harvest Festival Service at St James' Church on Friday 29th September at 9:30am. Parents are welcome to attend.
Here We Are
Latest Newsround stories
- Plastic: Seabirds found eating plastic after issue raised by Blue Planet II
Scientists find more problems caused by plastic in the oceans
- Saudi Arabia's ban on women driving ends at midnight
At midnight on Saturday 23 June 2018 the rule are changing, and 15.1 million women can finally take…
- I saw a bear.....where???
A bear got stuck in a car in the US. But a police officer stepped in to help.