We aim for very high standards in safeguarding at St James CE Primary Academy. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We do this by having:
- Vetting procedures in accordance with national guidelines for staff and other adults coming into school regularly.
- Safeguarding policies and procedures compliant with statutory requirements.
- Child Protection arrangements so everyone knows who they can talk to if they are worried.
- Effective communication and up-to-date information.
- Arrangements for site security and health and safety that are understood and applied by staff and pupils.
- A curriculum that engages pupils, teaching children how to stay safe and take responsibility.
- Courteous and responsible behaviour to foster an environment where everyone feels secure.
- Monitoring of attendance.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding obligation, policies can be viewed by clicking the links below or in the Policies section of our website. We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
Reporting Any Concerns
If you see or hear anything that concerns you regarding safeguarding, please speak to Mrs S Hewkin (Head of School) who is our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) or Mr C Dobson (Executive Principal) who is our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSLs).
Alternatively, you can use the links below
Information about social media platforms and age guidance
Information about internet safety
Information about the Pants rule