3 positions available:
2 x 15 hours classroom teaching assistants (9-12 Mon-Fri)
1 x 5 hours 1:1 TA and 5 hours additional needs lunchtime supervisor. (12-2 Mon-Fri)
(one of the morning positions and the afternoon position could possibly be combined for one person)
Salary: TA – FTE £18,065-£18,426. SCP 3-4.
These posts will be Term Time only and a full time equivalent of 37 hours working week.
Contract: Initially these are temporary until 31/08/20 (there may be the potential to extend this further) Term Time Only
Start Date : 2/9/19
St James CE Primary Academy (part of St Chad’s Academies Trust) is recruiting 3 possibly 2 caring and empathetic teaching assistant with experience working with primary aged children. The ideal candidates will have a proven track record in being able to effectively work with children within a primary setting and demonstrate effective ways of working with pupils to raise their attainment and consistently increase their enthusiasm for learning.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
* Highly motivated to work in a school environment
* Confident interacting with a wide range of personalities
* Able to work independently and confidently with children and young people of all ages
* Able to use their initiative and take on additional responsibilities as and when necessary
* A personable and caring individual who is committed to providing excellence to children in their care.
- Motivated, enthusiastic children with outstanding behaviour, who are eager to contribute, learn and are highly proud of their academy communities that live out their Christian values.
- Professional and dedicated colleagues
- A thorough and robust induction programme
- A welcoming environment
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Supportive parents and Governors
- A principal with a clear vision for the future.
School will we be closed during the summer holidays so unfortunately the opportunity to visit the school is not available. Please visit our website to get more of a feel for the school:
Application forms are available from the school website:
Closing date for application: Midday Thursday 22nd August 2019. Short listing will take place on Friday 23rd August 2019. Interviews will be held on Thursday 29th August 2019.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
St Chad’s Academies Trust is committed and working towards equal opportunity in employment.
Please email completed applications to: